161 O'Connell Street, Kingswood NSW 2747
The reading room
The Western Sydney Records Centre (WSRC) has ample parking and a well equipped readers lounge. Wheelchair access and accessible toilets are provided. Ramp access to the reading room is available via a separate entrance.
Facilities: Ample parking / Wheelchair & Ramp Access / Accessible Toilets / Digital Cameras / Self-service Copiers / USB Sticks / Reader's lounge / Free tea & coffee / Microwave / Fridge / Free Wi-Fi.
Local shops: Claremont Meadows and Kingswood. There are no shops within walking distance. We recommend you bring your lunch if you are staying the whole day.
Groups are very welcome to visit the reading room. To assist with planning we ask that groups contact us one month in advance of the visit us via the Group Booking Form. This is particularly important on Saturdays when the reading room is staffed at minimum levels. A group booking can be used for five (5) or more people. Short tours of the Western Sydney Records Centre (WSRC) can also be presented to groups of five or more people (weekdays only). Book a tour when you book your visit.
Current group bookings
Wednesday 3 May
Tuesday 9 May
Thursday 11 May
Tuesday 23 May
Friday 2 June
Thursday 27 July
Saturday 5 August
We suggest that you also read Getting Started With Your Research Guide.
Directions to the Western Sydney Records Centre
Driving from Sydney (approx. 50km)
- Take Parramatta Road to North Strathfield
- Turn onto the M4 motorway and continue to the Mamre Road (St Marys) exit.
- Turn right onto Mamre Road and follow to the Great Western Highway.
- Turn left onto the Great Western Highway and proceed to 161 O'Connell Street.
- Turn left into O'Connell Street and keep going until you reach the WSRC. O'Connell St is L-shaped - follow it around the university to the WSRC
Driving from the Blue Mtns
- Take the Great Western Highway / M4 to the Northern Road exit
- Turn left onto the Northern Road and proceed to the Great Western Highway
- Turn right onto the Great Western Highway
- Turn right into O'Connell Street and keep going until you reach the WSRC. O'Connell St is L-shaped - follow it around the university to the WSRC.
- Buses from both Penrith and St Marys stations stops regularly at the WSRC (161 O'Connell Street).